Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Visit to the dyno.




I took Gordon to see Eric at Ekquire Motorcycles in Bury St Edmunds today, I needed to run in the Slipstream motor in as it had a new liner and piston when it was rebuilt. On advise from Steve Ruth I ran Gordon through the gears up to 6000 rpm without load, Then let the motor cool down before doing the same again but up to 8000rpm. When I asked Martin Sweet of Slipstream how high I can rev the motor he said 8500rpm, but to be easy on the motor I have decided to top out at 8000rpm, with this in mind I put Gordon through a power run on the dyno. I was very happy with the figures especailly when I realised I had only reved the motor to 7879rpm, it was showing 70.2 bhp @ rear wheel, as you can see on the read out the motor was still pulling and based on this I think the motor could be around 74bhp @ 8000rpm!! ROLL ON PEMBREY

No comments:

Post a Comment