Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All ready for Oulton Park

Gordon had a trip to Eric at Ekquire Motorcycles in Bury St Edmunds yesterday, I wanted to find out what my newly accquired 686cc motor was pushing out. After 5 runs the final figure was 69.5bhp @7499rpm, not bad at all so I will be using the 686 at Oulton Park.
I have just purchased a Honda CB500 race bike which I intend to race in the Thundersport 500 series with Thundersports GB, this means that Gordon will be going back to his dad, Mike Edwards. I have spoken to Mike and explained that I was not the rider to get the best out of Gordon and I was just riding around at the back, there was no one for me to have a scrap with. Looking at the CB500's I should be able to stick with a few people and they also have a Seniors Cup for us "Oldies", so watch this space for photos and reports. Go to www.drbracing500.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave -- good luck with the CB. I'm going to add a Er6N to the stable to race locally -- along with my mono. I was wondering if you could help me out I'm trying to find a race bikini fairing like what was sold for the hornet cup bikes. No-one on eBay.uk seems to be willing to sell me one, even if I agree to pay for shipping. Could you keep an eye out for one for me... don't want a simple flat numberplate, but something with some style. Any help would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete