Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another engine acquired








I drove up to Cadwell Park circuit this morning to pick up another engine from Peter Gibson, an ex Supermono rider who has now moved over to the Hottrax endurance racing scene. The engine is a 686cc, (102mm bore x 84mm stroke), it has a Carillo rod, JE piston and a trick camshaft, it has had some head work but nothing drastic. I will be taking it to Steve Ruth to check it over and fit a new head gasket, then when I get the frame back from Peter Day, (and the powder coaters if there is time), I will use this engine for Oulton Park. I may even be lucky enough to have Slipstreams motor if it just needs a head gasket, and...and Hugh Freeman is sending me a billet crank and trick rod which means there may also be a chance to get Gordon's original engine back together, I will be spoilt for choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment