Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The rebuild starts here!














I picked up my newly acquired engine from Steve Ruth yesterday after he stripped the top end just to see the condition, Steve estimates around 68-70 horses, which isnt bad from a 686. This engine should be realiable and when Gordon goes back to his dad I will have a decent motor to use or sell depending on what route I want to take.

As yoiu can see the engine is now in place, albeit all loosely at the moment, and hopefully should be fully in the next day or so. I will then take Gordon to Peter Day so he can adapt the ally radiator that was donated by Hugh Freeman, he will also see if he can extend the rad downwards increasing the volume of water to aid cooling, but this depends on the clearence of the exhaust headers.

No comments:

Post a Comment